I am going to review SanDisk Connect wireless stick device in this post. I recently came to know about this and blown away from this. It is out of box product which was recently launched to use USB disk as a wireless device to transfer files between devices. You all use it like normal portable flash drive, let me explain how it is different.
- You do not need Internet or wire to Connect – You can connect to your flash drive without any internet or wire and directly plugging it to device. You just need wi-fi. A normal flash drive has to be physically connected to tablet, PC or phone to transfer files but with SanDisk connect wireless you can transfer files between devices without any physical connection. You just need to charge it and no plugging required.You can save,share,download or play your files from a distance
- Share data without wire – Now the same file can be shared with multiple devices. For example you can share a picture or a presentation with your friends wirelessly.
- Stream video – You can also use it to stream video to up to 3 devices without actually connecting flash driver. isn’t it cool.
- Automatic backup – You can change it setting to take auto backup for your Phone,tablet or even PC without even connecting any Flash drive.
How it is relevant to current scenario ? So now you must have a basic idea about this product.Lets understand how it is relevant in present world.Today world is all about sharing and communicating all kinds of media to your friend and world. This Flash drive gives you a tool.Also wireless make it an unbeatable device. You can plug it in your key ring and it will a companion for you everywhere.
It comes in 4 different memory size; 16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB, and 128 GB. And price range from $30 (INR 2000) to $95 (INR 9000). Compare to the feature it provides, it is a must tool for next generation. In coming days we may expect its price to be lowered. It is already launched in US and very soon coming to India market at end of Sep 2015. How to Connect this device to PC/Phone/Other device You can directly connect it to PC or use Iphone and Android app to connect to your phone.After connecting to this device, you can continue using your internet on your device/phone. You can also use your web browser to connect to USB where app is not available. Please go to this link for more info: www.sandisk.com/myconnect .
Some other features:
- Battery works for 4.5 hours, requires 2 hours to completely charge
- Includes WPA2 security to protect your data
- Share data to Facebook and other social media within the app
- Support DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PPTX, PDF file format
- Support BMP, TIF, TIFF, JPG, PNG, GIF, XBM, ICO, TGA formats
There are few drawbacks I would like to mention:
- Battery life could be better
- You got one more device to charge
But compared to its compact design and affordable price, we can simply ignored any other things.
Where to buy?
Update – SanDisk Wireless stick is now officially available on Flipkart. Order your copy today.