Whatsapp is still untouched by many bloggers to promote and share their content. In this post, I am going to suggest quick tips on how to Promote your post via WhatsApp and get more visitors.
Before I discuss why you need to focus on WhatsApp, Let’s see some facts about WhatsApp to understand how popular it is. The below Infographic is taken from this link.
So as you can see 1 Million users are getting added to WhatsApp daily. You should use WhatsApp option to let yourself and your users share it with their friends.
[stextbox id=”info”]So to Conclude, here are the reasons why you should include WhatsApp sharing feature in your mobile version of the blog.
- One of the biggest user base
- You can reach to a wider audience
- Visitors from mobile devices will soon increase by 50%, most smartphone contains WhatsApp more than Facebook, Twitter etc
- WhatsApp contacts are trusted, so your content will get more eyeballs
- WhatsApp group has close friends, your content can be quickly shared with a bigger audience[/stextbox]
So now you know how important it is to use WhatsApp share option in your mobile version of blog, let’s see how to implement WhatsApp share option for your blog:
- By using WordPress plugins
- By using SumoMe to create custom mobile share
WordPress Plugin –
Plugins option will be free and it will easier to download and install it. Two of the best plugins I can recommend is Mobile Sharebar plugin and AddToAny plugin.
This blog post from Wpmudev will explain how to use this two plugins in detail:
Add WhatsApp To Your WordPress Website And Double Your Traffic
Disadvantage of WordPress plugins
- Extra overload of a plugin just to have WhatsApp share button
- You cannot customize it separately for desktop and mobile mode; WhatsApp mode in desktop does not make any sense
- Some of the plugins may not have all the social media including WhatsApp in mobile mode
Using SumoMe –
This is my favorite tool to create WhatsApp button for my mobile version of the blog. It is very easy to setup.
Let me explain some of the features of SumoMe app:
- Very easy to setup
- I am already using it for Heat map, List builder, welcome mat, share etc; so no need to install a new plugin
- Customize share button for mobile and desktop version
- An extra button for share via SMS
Follow this video tutorial to implement WhatsApp button via SumoMe:
Over to You –
I hope this small post have given you a fair idea about how to create WhatsApp button for your blog’s mobile version. Please do implement one for your blog and give the opportunity to your visitors to share your content with a bigger audience.
I would love to hear your experience with WhatsApp sharing. Are you thinking to create one for your blog? please contact me if I can help you in any way.